Just realized it’s been a while since I updated. I have a couple of posts knocking around in my head, but I can’t seem to make the time to put them together. So until then, here are a few random things I have done recently.
- Saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It was really good. Still not sure that I would ever pay 30,000 yen for a meal, though.
- Made a bunch of jewelry.
- Worked really long hours but enjoyed most of it. Work is good these days.
- Became mildly obsessed with the idea of going to Istanbul. And Paris. Paris will probably happen sooner.
- Was late paying my rent for the first time ever and now owe 2000 yen in late fees. Still kind of beating myself up about it.
- Tried to watch Anchorman but gave up 20 minutes in when boyfriend said “I’m bored.” (I was bored, too.)
- Flirted with the idea of setting up a monthly event where women (and men, if they’re interested) could get together and talk about stuff like media, why we’re all expected to wax, sex, politics, and other Important Things. Still flirting with the idea, mostly because I miss having a regular opportunity to have lengthy discussions about Important Things.
- Wrote a video script for work about the U.S. presidential election and found it really, really hard to be neutral.
- Ate Cherry Garcia at the Ben & Jerry’s shop in Omotesando. Totally worth the trek in the rain.
That’s all for now, will do my best to post something more substantial soon!