Gradland is, not surprisingly, a former grad student. She completed her PhD in Comparative Literature in May 2012 (dissertation title: Embracing the Demon: Monstrous Children in Japanese Literature and Cinema, 1946-2008). Having decided, for various reasons, not to seek an academic job, she now works as a web content writer in Tokyo but tries to keep one foot in the academic world. When she’s not reading, writing or contemplating the bleak future of academia she enjoys downloading new recipes and making a mess in the kitchen. She tries to keep this blog semi-anonymous (though at this point most people probably know who she is), but if you’d like to contact her please just leave a comment somewhere on the blog and she’ll get back to you.
- In & out of immigration in just over an hour. Eventually my luck will run out with these short wait times, but thankfully not today. 12 hours ago
- Shopping for costumes at work. "Dark Vixen Costume: Child Size" is a description I never want to see again. 2 days ago
- Seen on the street today: dude with slick pompadour, leather jacket, shades...carrying a beribboned chihuahua in a bright pink pet-carrier. 3 days ago
- @colindickey n 3 days ago
- "Mind your train manners" poster. Bunnies, watch out for lions and...f--k it, I have no idea. http://t.co/UzNDph3EdX 6 days ago
Blogs I Follow