Gradland is, not surprisingly, a former grad student. She completed her PhD in Comparative Literature in May 2012 (dissertation title: Embracing the Demon: Monstrous Children in Japanese Literature and Cinema, 1946-2008). Having decided, for various reasons, not to seek an academic job, she now works as a web content writer in Tokyo but tries to keep one foot in the academic world. When she’s not reading, writing or contemplating the bleak future of academia she enjoys downloading new recipes and making a mess in the kitchen. She tries to keep this blog semi-anonymous (though at this point most people probably know who she is), but if you’d like to contact her please just leave a comment somewhere on the blog and she’ll get back to you.
- "Mind your train manners" poster. Bunnies, watch out for lions and...f--k it, I have no idea. http://t.co/UzNDph3EdX 1 day ago
- @katebornstein @urbantantrika Sending hugs and pugs your way from across the sea. 5 days ago
- Seen this morning: "Grim Animal Hospital." Not sure if that's a reference to the fairy tales or the outlook for your pet. 5 days ago
- @springdaycomedy "All right, I *did* have sex with the twins, and I was drunk, and it was really creepy, cuz there was four of them." 5 days ago
- Getting to that point where I wouldn't be surprised if my desk clutter tried to assimilate me. 5 days ago
Blogs I Follow