Gradland is, not surprisingly, a former grad student. She completed her PhD in Comparative Literature in May 2012 (dissertation title: Embracing the Demon: Monstrous Children in Japanese Literature and Cinema, 1946-2008). Having decided, for various reasons, not to seek an academic job, she now works as a web content writer in Tokyo but tries to keep one foot in the academic world. When she’s not reading, writing or contemplating the bleak future of academia she enjoys downloading new recipes and making a mess in the kitchen. She tries to keep this blog semi-anonymous (though at this point most people probably know who she is), but if you’d like to contact her please just leave a comment somewhere on the blog and she’ll get back to you.
- @jordanwyn Arrghh, would totally do it if I wasn't working! 5 hours ago
- Strange English Sunday: "C&A spice improve a taste of foods by fragrance and stimulate a appetite by refreshing pungent." 1 day ago
- Bella's Cupcakes, cookies & cream and carrot cake variety. Truck was outside Nat'l Azabu, couldn't resist. http://t.co/VLzLHNrpb9 2 days ago
- @colindickey It has already begun... 2 days ago
- Video shooting in glorious sunshine in the park, got to swing on a swingset! Returned to office to find...snow. Weird, but fun. 3 days ago
Blogs I Follow